At Sedulo we are building a world class team to deliver our mission to make positive change in the communities we work in. We do this by:
- Working with our clients to transform their business and personal finances
- Connecting and contributing to the business community in the cities we are located in
- Working with charities by volunteering, fundraising, and influencing change both now and in the future through the Sedulo Foundation
- Being a great place to work and develop your career
The Event and Hospitality Executive is a key member of the team that are the friendly, welcoming face of Sedulo and they will be the go to person for any events and hospitality enquiries. This role is important as not only you will be overseeing the Front of House and Bar logistics within the Manchester office, you will also be a key player in driving the standards up and creating memorable events.
You will be someone who has a background in hospitality and events and is looking to develop a career in the area for one of the UK’s fastest-growing financial institutions. You will have proven experience in conceiving creating ideas, as well as delivering beyond expectation.
The role is Manchester city-center based but will involve occasional travel to all of our sites in Liverpool, Leeds, and London.
- To provide a world-class service: greeting every person (team member or client) with a warm welcome and big smile, offer drinks on arrival and build a rapport.
- Managing meeting room bookings and requests and ensuring all meetings are looked after/catered for.
- Ensuring our spaces have a welcoming atmosphere and are kept clean and tidy.
- Working with local suppliers and businesses to create links between Sedulo and the wider community – and using these links to create experiences for staff.
- To work closely with the senior management team and Heads of Departments, responding to any hospitality requests (this may be ordering a special gift, booking accommodation/travel, arranging events on their behalf).
- To work closely with our Marketing and People & Culture teams to develop ideas for future team socials/wellbeing and world class external events.
- Take responsibility for reporting any repair/maintenance issues swiftly and coordinating an efficient and cost-effective repair.
- Food and beverage management duties including maintaining stock levels, ordering, beer line cleaning and planning catering for special events.
- Training will be provided where necessary.
- Ensuring hygiene standards and health and safety are upheld.
- Providing general catering for the office team (breakfast/afternoon teas/socials)
- To conceive and suggest new ideas/concepts for events/hospitality and help drive them to fruition.
Your knowledge, skills & experience
Your knowledge, skills & experience
- An enthusiastic, friendly personality with a passion for the hospitality/events industry.
- Previous experience of bar, restaurant, hotel or events experience with hosting/reception work preferred. Bar and Barista experience would be ideal.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, while being a team player with proven abilities to multi-task. Must be a self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, meet multiple deadlines and manage large volumes of work – without losing the attention to detail in what is delivered!
- Impeccable time management skills and are prepared to work varied hours to support the business needs.
- Project management skills and confidence in delegating tasks to ensure targets/deadlines are met.
- Confident speaking to VIP/High wealth clients and maintaining a professional attitude at all times.
- Knowledge of Social Media platform and content creation preferable.
- Efficient and effective user of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
See our most recent event
See some of our perks & benefits...
Flexible working hours, state-of-the-art offices, continuous development and Christmas team trip abroad – just some of the perks & benefits for our team members…