At Sedulo we are building a world class team to deliver our mission to make positive change in the communities we work in. We do this by:
- Working with our clients to transform their business and personal finances
- Connecting and contributing to the business community in the cities we are located in
- Working with charities by volunteering, fundraising and influencing change both now and in the future through the Sedulo Foundation
- Being a great place to work and develop your careerAt Sedulo we embrace a holistic and innovative culture with diversity and integrity at the heart. We are working to build an open and inclusive environment which supports the needs of all our team members.We are looking for people to join the team who want to deliver beyond expectation and get results. Whether this be through embracing feedback, creating fulfilling relationships with colleagues and clients, being genuinely interested in their work, or by simply being the best version of themselves. At Sedulo, we know how important it is to create an environment for positive change, both in work and in the communities, we work within. This is demonstrated through our persistent commitment to charitable projects and a strong focus on innovation in everything that we do. You can make an impact at Sedulo, not only through delivering amazing work, but also through participating in the charity campaigns we run throughout the year. Alongside all of this, our events team ensure we also have a lot of fun – with countless wellbeing activities and events being hosted at all our offices every week!
We understand that to be a world class organisation, we must embrace uniqueness and choose courage over comfort. Everything we strive to be is grounded in our core values: Personable, Integrity, Holistic, Innovative and Deliver Beyond Expectation
We are looking for a strong and experienced Head of Year End accounts preparation services in our London office who has experience in managing a team. You will work closely alongside, and report directly to, the Year End Accounts National Head and Directors.
The successful applicant will have the autonomy to shape their own career within a tight-knit, innovative environment with the support and guidance of the wider year end accounts team.
You will relish the opportunity to deliver a world class service to a varied portfolio of clients and will enjoy acting as a mentor and coach to a small, dedicated team of trainees.
- Review all statutory accounts prepared by team members and ensure that the standards of work produced is of a high quality.
- Responsible for the training and development of junior staff members through mentoring, coaching and providing technical guidance and ensuring the team are receiving timely feedback.
- Manage all aspects of the department including client deadlines, workload/planner, client billing, work in progress, team targets and setting budgets for your department for the year.
- Act as the main point of contact for your clients.
- Attend client meetings, building excellent working relationships and actively highlighting any cross-selling opportunities for the wider Sedulo group
- Assist with the ongoing review and improvement of internal processes and procedures
- Keep up to date with technical releases
Your knowledge, skills and experience
- Qualified in either ACCA or ACA (or equivalent) or be QBE with experience within a practice environment where main duties have related to statutory year end accounts preparation.
What we really need
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Confident in working with clients at all levels and experience in building strong client relationships.
- Organised and efficient in your approach to work
- A genuine interest and willingness to make a positive contribution.
- A strong desire to coach and develop team members.
- Flexible and proactive approach to work with the ability to work under pressure.
See some of our perks & benefits...
Flexible working hours, state-of-the-art offices, continuous development and Christmas team trip abroad – just some of the perks & benefits for our team members…
Send us your CV & apply for this role...
Our aim is to encourage and support all applicants during the application process, if you have any reasonable adjustments that you will require, please do not hesitate to get in touch via people@ sedulo.co.uk.