At Sedulo we are building a world class team to deliver our mission to make positive change in the communities we work in. We do this by:
- Working with our clients to transform their business and personal finances
- Connecting and contributing to the business community in the cities we are located in
- Working with charities by volunteering, fundraising and influencing change both now and in the future through the Sedulo Foundation
- Being a great place to work and develop your career
Working closely with the Head of Personal Tax you will be responsible for delivering a world class personal tax compliance service to clients.
- Preparing self-assessment tax returns, providing an all-round service with the emphasis on each client’s individual requirements.
- Managing allocated portfolio of clients.
- Completion of self-employed accounts and schedules of income from property.
- Demonstration of knowledge with regards to P11Ds, tax credits, tax codes, gift aid relief claims for charities and dealing with HMRC Compliance.
- Working closely with the corporation tax compliance team to obtain information required to complete clients’ self-assessment tax returns.
- Managing and supervising junior members of the tax team as directed
- Review and manage all filing deadlines:
- Payment of (SA) Personal Tax
- Payment of Class 1A Nic’s
- Deal with HMRC Penalty notices and appeals
- Communication with clients, HMRC and various third parties via telephone, email and written correspondence
- Assistance with preparation/completion of various other HMRC notification forms
- Various other tasks and assistance with ad hoc project work as and when required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Part qualified CTA / Qualified ATT with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a private practice Tax environment.
- Technically strong with a passion for knowledge and the ability to think creatively
- Confident in dealing with clients at all levels, great communicating skills with clients over the phone or face to face
- Strong written communication skills to write reports when required
- Excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines are met
- Organised and efficient
See some of our perks & benefits...
Flexible working hours, state-of-the-art offices, continuous development and Christmas team trip abroad – just some of the perks & benefits for our team members…