The opportunity & role
Following exceptional client growth, we are looking for two qualified (or QBE) accountants to join our rapidly expanding London team, based in Spitalfields. This is an incredible opportunity to shape your career in a forward-thinking organisation and work with a range of interesting client sectors, including well-known media personalities and actors, innovative restauranteurs, creative agencies, museums and many more.
We are looking for team members with experience in management accounting/outsourced FD roles and/or year-end/statutory accounts preparation to work with our diverse client base to ensure they make informed financial decisions for their businesses.
You will be a natural communicator and enjoy developing strong relationships with your clients and becoming their trusted adviser, supported by a large team of colleagues with specialist knowledge for you to draw on.
We are recruiting across a variety of different skill sets however depending on the role typical duties may include:
- Helping to pitch to and then onboard clients, including set up of new systems and processes
- Preparing monthly management information and interpreting and analysing the results with clients
- Complete year end accounts and full year end files, ensuring clients meet all statutory filing requirements
- Providing ad hoc advice and support to clients by responding to requests by phone, email and in face-to-face meetings
- Reviewing work completed by part-qualified colleagues and acting as a technical and customer services mentor
- Liaising with Sedulo colleagues in Manchester and Leeds to ensure the client receives the most appropriate advice across the suite of products we offer
- Hands-on involvement as part of a small team, to develop the London infrastructure, office space and business development strategy, as well as recruitment of new colleagues.
What we're looking for
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or QBE
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing client relationships and building internal networks to deliver a service that is beyond expectation
- Demonstrable experience of acting as Financial Controller/Director in a client facing role and developing and presenting management accounts.
- Demonstrable experience of creating financial statements across a range of sectors and regulatory frameworks.
- An expert user of accounting packages (including Xero) and Excel and a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience of reviewing work for and mentoring part qualified team members.
- Process improvement mindset to ensure the team continues to deliver a world class service
See some of our perks & benefits...
Flexible working hours, state-of-the-art offices, continuous development and Christmas team trip abroad – just some of the perks & benefits for our team members…