The opportunity & role
Joining our Manchester or Leeds-based Audit & Compliance team you will work alongside the Audit & Compliance Seniors and wider team to deliver a first-class service to clients.
You will be responsible for assisting with audits and preparing year-end accounts and files ensuring all statutory deadlines are met.
- Prepare year-end accounts on Iris including notes to the accounts for review ensuring clients meet all statutory filing requirements
- Prepare a full year-end file for review
- Carry out audit testing in all areas of an audit file
- Respond to client queries in a timely manner
- Carry out year-end work on-site at the clients whenever possible building strong relationships with clients
- Ensure all targets are met, including but not limited to, monthly billing and client deadlines
- Liaise with the tax department to ensure the timely delivery of accounts and tax information to clients
- Take ownership for your own development
What we’re looking for
- AAT qualified (or equivalent experience/qualification) and ideally be working towards ACA/ACCA qualification
- Previous experience in an accountancy practice, where duties have related to both the preparation of statutory year-end accounts and experience with working on audits
- A strong understanding of the basics of accountancy and a passion for enhancing your knowledge
- Ability to prepare accounts from source documents to statutory format ready for review by their manager/senior team members
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
See some of our perks & benefits...
Flexible working hours, state-of-the-art offices, continuous development and Christmas team trip abroad – just some of the perks & benefits for our team members…