The opportunity & role...
Following exceptional client growth, we are looking for a R&D/Tax Innovations Assistant to join our team. You will assist the R&D/Tax Innovations Specialist and wider team in successfully managing a range of tax relief claims for clients.
- Working closely with the client to collect financial data, and quantify all eligible R&D costs.
- Developing own knowledge and skills in R&D tax relief, tax software’s such as IRIS and Xero and other related issues, keeping technical knowledge fully updated.
- Provide support with management of the R&D Claims team including reporting, submission, training and process improvements.
- Uploading of information onto IRIS and lead the submission piece to HMRC with all the claims
- Reconciling clients’ money received from HMRC against our records and ensuring they receive it correctly
- Liaising with the tax and accounts team to ensure necessary reviews and updates to workings are made before delivering accurate results to clients
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure we provide correct billing, debtors, and cash figures
What are we looking for?
- The role would suit someone educated to degree/masters level (or equivalent) or from a data analysis/numerical background
- An ability to communicate at all levels to staff and clients and comfortable with dealing with HMRC
- The ability to analyse data, think critically and prioritise workload
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, most notably Excel and previous experience with IRIS or other accounting software is advantageous
- Experience within the R&D/Tax Innovation industry is advantageous but not essential
See some of our perks & benefits...
Flexible working hours, state-of-the-art offices, continuous development and Christmas team trip abroad – just some of the perks & benefits for our team members…