An exciting position in our Manchester office for a Senior Accountant to join the team.
About the role
This role is to assist the Senior Partner and other members of the Accounts team in delivering a first class service to clients, ensuring all statutory deadlines are met.
- Responsible for ensuring clients meet all statutory filing requirements with the help of the “Bible”
- Completes bookkeeping timely and accurately on Sage and other accounting software
- Responsible for preparing and filing VAT returns by the deadlines at HMRC
- Prepare year end accounts on Iris including notes to the accounts for review
- Prepare a full year end file for review
- To carry out audit testing and ensure all parts of the file are completed
- Prepares monthly management information relevant to the client on a timely basis and discuss with client
- To respond to client queries in a timely manner
- To discuss with client and prepare annual projections
- To prepare and update detailed client cash flows
- To attend client meetings where required
- Provide support to accounts trainees and accounts assistants
- To support other departments where necessary
- Communicates any staff issues/problems to Line Manager
- Communicates any client issues to the Line Manager
- Completes all admin and other ad hoc tasks requested by Line Managers
- Complies with all confidentiality rules
- Takes ownership for own development
- Support team development
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Qualified ACCA with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an accountancy practice, where their main duties have related to Management Accounts and Bookkeeping
- Technically strong with a passion for knowledge
- Confident in dealing with clients at all levels, great communicating skills with clients over the phone or face to face
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- 1 year management experience
We are an established firm of financial consultants to entrepreneurs, with offices in the heart of Manchester city centre on Deansgate.
We have teams in accounting, tax, wealth management, corporate finance, payroll and marketing, all of which you will be given the opportunity to work closely alongside.
For more information, please visit our Careers page.
*Please note: We do not use recruitment agencies, please do not send speculative CVs in relation to this position.