What is it?
Grants of up to £25,000 will be made available to businesses within the hospitality, retail, and leisure sectors. These are cash grants of up to £25,000 per property that are made available to businesses in England that would have been in receipt of the Expanded Retail Discount on 11th March with a rateable value of less than £51,000.
For businesses within these sectors that have a rateable value of under £15,000, they will receive a grant of £10,000. For businesses that have a rateable value of between £15,001 and £51,000, they will receive a grant of £25,000.
Are you eligible?
SMEs must comply with the following conditions:
- Your business must be based in England
- Companies operating within the industries of Hospitality, or Retail and Leisure
- Properties that will benefit from the relief will be occupied hereditaments that are wholly or mainly being used for the following:
- As shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas and live music venues
- For assembly and leisure
- As hotels, guest and boarding premises and self-catering accommodation
How to access the Grant support
You do not need to do anything, local authorities will write to all eligible companies in the coming weeks. Funding for the scheme will be provided to local authorities by the government in early April.
The grant is accessed through your local authority’s portal, which are going live across the country. Each Local Authority will present an online verification portal. This process will inform you of your eligibility and allow you the opportunity to update all of your required details.
Find your local authority and make a claim...
If yours has not yet gone live, check your local authority webpage periodically.