An exciting position as arisen within our Manchester city centre office for a Financial Controller to manage and report on Sedulo Group financial and accounting activities.
About the role
We are a progressive, fast-growing, dynamic firm specialising in exciting sectors. Role objectives include:
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Liaising with heads of departments in order to create and review budgets for each cost centre
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the Managing Partner and Shareholder Team with timely and accurate financial information
- Create reports for the Shareholder team
- Additional controller duties as necessary
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA qualified
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
We are an established firm of financial consultants to entrepreneurs, with offices in the heart of Manchester city centre on Deansgate, and Leeds city centre.
We have teams in accounting, tax, wealth management, corporate finance, payroll and marketing, all of which you will be given the opportunity to work closely alongside.
For more information, please visit our Careers page.
*Please note: We do not use recruitment agencies, please do not send speculative CVs in relation to this position.