A Self-Certified Sophisticated Investor...
I declare that I am a Self-Certified Sophisticated Investor for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act (Financial Promotions) Order 2005.
I understand that this means:
- I can receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a person authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- The content of such financial promotions may not conform to rules issued by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- By signing this statement I may lose significant rights.
I may have no right to complain to either of the following:
- The Financial Conduct Authority, or The Financial Ombudsman Scheme.
- I may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
I am a self-certified sophisticated investor because at least one of the following applies:
- I am a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least the last six months prior to the date below.
- I have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to the date below.
- I am working, or have worked in the two years prior to the date below, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises.
- I am currently, or have been in the two years prior to the date below, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.
I accept that I can lose my property and other assets from making investment decisions based on financial promotions.
I am aware that it is open to me to seek advice from someone who specialises in advising on investments.
A High Net Worth Individual...
I make this statement so that I can receive promotional communications which are exempt from the restriction on the promotion of non-readily realisable securities. The exemption relates to certified high net worth investors and I declare that I qualify as such because at least one of the following applies to me:
- I had, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date below, an annual income to the value of £100,000 or more.
- I held, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date below, net assets to the value of £250,000 or more. Net assets for these purposes do not include:
- The property which is my primary residence or any money raised through a loan secured on that property.
- Any rights of mine under a qualifying contract of insurance. Or
- Any benefits (in the form of pensions or otherwise) which are payable on the termination of my service or on my death or retirement and to which I am (or my dependants are), or may be, entitled.
I accept that the investments to which the promotions will relate may expose me to a significant risk of losing all of the money or other property invested.
I am aware that it is open to me to seek advice from an authorised person who specialises in advising on non-readily realisable securities.