Our Accounts Semi-Senior, Natalie Rabuszko is back from her travels, after taking a 3 month sabbatical to experience South East Asia!
We caught up with her to find out all about what she got up to…
Which countries did you visit?
Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia
What was your favourite place/experience?
Halong Bay, Vietnam – 3 day 2 night cruise – kayaking, swimming, sun bathing, beautiful scenery, cooking classes, lots of amazing food, peaceful atmosphere, floating villages, eating a meal in a cave.
And your least favourite?
Koh Rong Island, Cambodia – in the dry season it is paradise with beautiful white sandy beaches. It could have easily been one of my favourite places but we went in the wet season which meant lots of torrential rain. There wasn’t much to do being stuck inside on an island. I also got 72 sandfly bites on my feet, which resulted in a couple of sleepless nights due to the insane itchy feeling!
What was your favourite thing to eat?
Definitely the Thai food – Pad Thai was amazing! There wasn’t really anything I didn’t like but I wasn’t that adventurous, avoiding any snake/scorpion etc…
Did you have any bad experiences?
A few! Falling for a couple of scams in Bangkok, sleeper bus journey in Laos which was extremely uncomfortable, the bus broke down twice in the middle of the night, in the middle of no where with no air con for two hours, and of course the Sandfly bites!
What were the highlights of your trip?
So many things, it’s hard to choose but here are some of them…
- Trekking to the top of Mount Batur, Bali, Indonesia (an active volcano) to see the sunrise
- Halong Bay cruise, Vietnam
- Visiting the temples in Angkor, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Seeing the Kuan Si waterfall, Loas
- Visiting the Monkey Forest, Bali, Indonesia
- Seeing the gorgeous White Temple – Chiang Rai, Thailand
- Going for a meal with a local family in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Hoi An, Vietnam – chilled vibe with lots of places to eat and drink
Here are a few photos from her trip:
Welcome back Nat!